Welcome to Hotel site

Millgate House Hotel was originally a miller’s house in 1890. It was subsequently converted into flats in 1972 and then became Millgate House Hotel in 1981. A substantial extension was added in 1991 which tripled the room capacity, the Orangery bar & restaurant was also added. The Hotel is situated in the conservation area of Millgate, the river Trent is opposite and famous for its fishing, Newark castle is close by and we are a short walk to the large market place which is lined with historic listed buildings, on the edge of the market sits the beautiful parish church, St Mary Magdelene.



Double room

Executive Room

Twin Room

Orangery bar & restaurant

The Orangery Restaurant is open nightly from 6pm to 9pm & closed on Sundays. We are also open to non residents. The restaurant has seating capacity for up to 60 guests and the menu is varied with dishes to suit most tastes, special dietary requests are also catered for. We offer a specials board and a good selection of steak. Menus can be tailored to suit your special requirements. we cater for weddings, anniversary s, christenings, reunions, funeral teas and private dining in our smaller restaurant. The Orangery bar provides a good selection of beers, wines and spirits along side our fine selection of malt whiskies.